Lemon balm (Melissa Officinalis) is a popular herb known for its calming and relaxant properties. It is a member of the mint familyy. The herb is native to Europe and Asia and has been widely cultivated for centuries. The lemon balm plant has oval-shaped leaves and small, white or yellow flowers.
The leaves have a lemon-like flavor and can be used to make tea, lemonade or added to other dishes. Lemon balm is also used in some skin care products and as a natural insecticide. The leaves of the lemon balm plant have a strong lemon scent and are used to make various products, including teas, tinctures, and essential oils.
What properties does Lemon Balm have in stock for you?
- The main active compound in lemon balm is Citronellal. This compound is responsible for the herb's lemon-like scent.
- Lemon balm also contains other compounds that have medicinal properties, including Eeugenol (an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent) and Rosmarinic acid (an antioxidant).
- It has a long history of use in traditional medicine and is effective in treating various conditions, including anxiety, insomnia, and indigestion.
- Lemon balm is thought to work by interacting with the body's nervous system.
- Lemon balm is also believed to improve digestion and relieve indigestion.
How can Lemon Balm aid in improving your health?
Lemon balm has a long history of use in herbal medicine. It's been used to treat various conditions, including anxiety, insomnia, indigestion, and headaches. It has several health benefits. For example, it can help to:
- relieve stress and anxiety
- improve sleep
- boost mood
- alleviate pain
- improve digestion
- reduce inflammation
Today, lemon balm is most commonly taken as a dietary supplement. It's available in capsules, tablets, teas, and tinctures. Some people also apply lemon balm to the skin to treat cold sores, insect bites, and other skin conditions.
Looking to enjoy the benefits of lemon balm? NAF's herbal tea is a great way to get your fix. This delicious, naturally caffeine-free tea is made with fresh lemon balm leaves and is a great way to relax and unwind. So why not give it a try?