Spearmint (Mentha spicata) is an imperishable condiment in the mint family. It's native to Europe and Asia and extensively cultivated in other regions. The flowers are white or pink and bloom in summer.
The fruit is a small, dry capsule containing several seeds. It is also known by several common names, including mint, Garden mint, common mint, horse mint, lamb mint, and mackerel mint. The plant is sometimes referred to as Spearmint, mint, or Spearmint.
Spearmint has a refreshing, minty taste. Spearmint is widely used as a flavouring agent in food and beverages. It is also used in a variety of cosmetics and personal care products. Essential spearmint oil is used in aromatherapy in many commercial products, such as toothpaste, mouthwash, and chewing gum.
The properties of Spearmint:
- Spearmint is rich in several compounds that are known to have health-promoting effects.
- These include menthol, menthone, limonene, and carvone compounds responsible for the plant's minty aroma and taste and contribute to the herb's purported effects.
- They also have potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties.
- Spearmint has a long history of use as a medicinal herb. It is thought to have antispasmodic, carminative, and digestive properties.
Health benefits that Spearmint has in stock for you:
Spearmint has a long history of use in both culinary and medicinal applications. The ancient Greeks and Romans used it to flavour food and wine. In folk medicine, Spearmint has been used to treat various ailments, including colds, stomach problems, and headaches. Some of these benefits include:
- Spearmint has been shown to improve digestion and relieve digestive issues like nausea, gas, and stomach cramps.
- It can also help to freshen breath and reduce bad breath.
- Spearmint has also been shown to boost cognitive function and memory.
- Spearmint has been shown to help reduce inflammation, making it a helpful remedy for arthritis and Crohn's disease.
- Additionally, Spearmint has antimicrobial properties, effectively fighting off infections.
- Finally, Spearmint has been shown to boost cognitive function and memory.
So, if you're looking for an herbal remedy for any of the above issues, give Spearmint a try, or you can drink NAF's herbal tea that has the benefits of Spearmint in it!