Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum) is a spice that is popular in many cuisines around the world. Cardamom is a spice used for thousands of years in Asian cuisine. It is made from the seeds of a plant in the ginger family and has a strong, aromatic flavour.
Cardamom is used in sweet and savoury dishes and is especially popular in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine. Cardamom can be used in sweet and savoury dishes and is often used to flavour curries, desserts, and even some types of tea.
- To consume Cardamom, you can use whole pods or grind the seeds into a powder. When using whole pods, you will need to remove the seeds before using them. To do this, split the pod open and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Using ground cardamom, you can add it directly to your dish.
- Cardamom can be a bit strong, so start with a small amount and add more to taste.
Properties of Cardamom:
The main active compound in cardamom is Cineole, responsible for its characteristic flavour and aroma.
- Cineole has been shown to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.
- Cardamom is additionally a decent supply of minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
There is some proof to suggest that cardamom could have health benefits. Studies have shown that it can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels and may also have a protective effect on the liver. Cardamom is also known to aid digestion and relieve stomach pain.
Health Benefits of Cardamom:
Cardamom is a spice used for centuries in many different cultures. Cardamom also has many health benefits that make it a great addition to your diet.
Some of the health benefits of Cardamom include:
- aiding in digestion
- improving circulation
- relieving congestion
- helping to break down fats
So, if you’re looking to add a little something extra to your next meal, reach for the Cardamom. Not only will it add a delicious flavour, but it can also help you improve your overall health! Like any other spice, a little goes a long way with Cardamom. So, if you want to add flavour to your life, try NAF’s herbal tea today.