Licorice root is a popular herbal remedy that has been used for centuries. Its scientific name is Glycyrrhiza Glabra, also known as Sweet Root, Black Root, and Licorice. Licorice root is thought to be native to southern Europe and Asia. It has a long, thin, black root that is used fresh or dried.
Licorice root has a sweet, slightly bitter taste that some people find enjoyable. There are a few different ways to consume licorice root, including making tea.
- As a Tea: To do this, add one teaspoon of dried licorice root to a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for 10 minutes, then strain it before drinking.
- As a supplement: Licorice root is available in capsule, powder, and tincture form.
- In food: Licorice root can be used to flavor candy, desserts, and other dishes.
The different health benefits of Licorice root:
Licorice root is a popular herbal remedy that has several possible health benefits. These benefits are said to be due to compounds like Glycyrrhizin in licorice root. Some of the potential benefits of licorice root include the following:
- Soothing digestive issues like heartburn and indigestion
- Reducing inflammation
- Enhancing immunity
- Boosting energy levels
- Supporting respiratory health
In recent years, Licorice has been gaining popularity as a natural remedy for various health issues.
The Properties found in a Licorice root:
The main active ingredient in Licorice is Glycyrrhizin, which is thought to have several beneficial effects and is also responsible for its sweet taste.
- These include reducing inflammation, boosting the immune system, and protecting the stomach lining.
- Licorice is also a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect cells from damage.
- Some studies have shown that it can effectively treat stomach ulcers, bronchitis, and allergies.
- Additionally, it is sometimes used to help treat respiratory problems like bronchitis and coughs.
If you’re considering taking Licorice root for its health benefits and don’t want to get in any hassle, try NAF’s herbal tea. It’s an easy way to get your Licorice fixed in your diet daily!