Did you know Lavender has more to offer you than just being the wallpaper on your mobile’s screen? It has tons of health benefits! Let’s find out more here:
Lavender is a popular herb with a distinct, sweet aroma. It’s commonly used in culinary dishes and decoration, but did you know that Lavender also has several scientific and popular names? Lavender is also known as English lavender, common Lavender, and true Lavender, and its scientific term is Lavandula Angustifolia.
Lavender has a sweet, floral taste that is perfect for adding a touch of flavor to desserts or baked goods. It can also be used to make tea. To make a cup of lavender tea, simply steep 1-2 teaspoons of dried Lavender in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
Lavender can also be used in several other ways. For example, you can add a few drops of lavender oil to your bathtub for a relaxing soak or make a lavender-infused massage oil by mixing a few drops of lavender oil with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil.
The Properties of Lavender:
- The main ingredient in Lavender is Linalool, a compound shown to have anxiety-reducing and sedative effects.
- Lavender has been used for centuries to treat anxiety, insomnia, and other conditions.
- Lavender is thought to work by interacting with the brain’s GABA receptors, which regulate stress and anxiety.
- Research has shown that Lavender can help to reduce anxiety, improve sleep quality, and promote relaxation.
Lavender is considered safe for most people when used in aromatherapy.
How Lavender benefits your health:
Lavender is believed to have a calming effect on the nervous system, making it a popular natural remedy for anxiety and insomnia.
- Lavender oil is also said to have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help treat cuts, scrapes, and other minor skin irritations.
- Inhaling lavender oil vapours help relieve respiratory conditions such as colds and coughs.
- Some studies have shown that Lavender may effectively treat migraines and other headaches.
- Lavender oil is also said to have a soothing effect on the digestive system, making it a popular natural remedy for indigestion, nausea, and other stomach issues
If you’re looking for ways to include the health benefits of Lavender in your daily life, why not try NAF’s herbal tea? Drinking it regularly can help you relax and feel more balanced.