Valerian root is an herb used for centuries to treat various ailments. The scientific name for the Valerian root is Valeriana Officinalis. It is also known by other names, including All-heal, Garden Valerian, and Setwall.
Valerian root is native to Europe and Asia, but it can now be found all over the world. The root can be consumed in various ways, including tea, capsule, or tincture. It is important to note that Valerian root can have a strong, unpleasant taste. Some people also find that it has a soothing effect.
Properties of Valerian Root:
- The main active ingredient in Valerian root is Valerenic acid; a chemical compound thought to have sedative and anxiolytic effects. This compound is believed to have anxiety-reducing effects.
- Valerian root also contains other compounds that may contribute to its effects, including Valerenal.
- Valerian root is thought to work by increasing gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) levels, a neurotransmitter that regulates mood and anxiety.
Valerian root is usually used as a natural treatment for insomnia and anxiety. It is available in various forms, including capsules, tablets, tinctures, and teas.
The Healthy Benefits of Valerian Root:
Valerian Root is a popular herbal remedy that has been used for centuries to treat a variety of health conditions. The health benefits of valerian root include its ability to relieve anxiety, improve sleep quality, and reduce stress levels.
- Valerian root is a natural opiate that effectively treats anxiety and insomnia. A single dose of valerian root can reduce anxiety levels and help you fall asleep. A small study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that valerian root may help to reduce anxiety levels and improve sleep quality.
- Valerian root is also a great stress reliever. It can help to reduce stress levels and promote relaxation. The herb is also effective in treating headaches and muscle pain.
So, valerian root may be the answer if you’re looking for an all-natural way to improve your health. Try drinking NAF’s herbal tea if you want a good night’s sleep. The Valerian root in it will help relax your body and mind so you can drift off to sleep easily. So order one for you now!